Tribology Conferences / Events
Please, share tribology conferences and events in TriboCalendar! You can send the information regarding the event to [email protected] Thank you!
The 2nd International Conference on Tribology TURKEYTRIB’18 will be held from 18 to 20 April 2018 at the Elite World Prestige Hotel – Taksim-İstanbul-TURKEY. TURKEYTRIB’18 is organized by PROMECH TEKNOLOJİ VE BİLİŞİM SİST. SAN. TİC. LTD. ŞTİ. İstanbul – TURKEY. The scope of this conference embraces the state of art and future trends in tribology research and application, emphasizing the necessity of facilitation intellectual collaboration across both disciplinary and national-international boundaries. The main objective of the conference is to provide a unique opportunity of presenting and discussing recent developments in different aspects of Tribology and strengthen the linkage between academia and industry. The conference consists of scientific sessions, symposia on specific topics, exhibitions and various collateral events. Turkish and Foreign groups of experts will have chance to share information and get in touch with other groups in all part of Tribology. Nowadays these aspects are becoming more and more important both in respect of human life and environment.
We are in an era of ‘data’; collection, management and storage of engineering system data is pivotal to the development of efficient systems. What this means for tribology is that there is an unprecedented demand, across engineering sectors (e.g. automotive, aerospace, mechanical), for real-time information on system performance. With such information the operation of many components can be adaptive, responsive and truly ‘smart’. In this Leeds-Lyon Symposium we will capture the exciting developments which cut across many tribological areas to create smart tribological systems. Offerings of original research are requested in (but not limited to) the following areas:
- sensors and sensing approaches
- real-time measurements of surfaces
- data capture and processing in tribology
- responsive/adaptive surfaces/interfaces
- modelling of adaptive and responsive systems
These symposia are jointly sponsored by the University of Leeds (UK) and the Institut National des Sciences Appliquèes (INSA) de Lyon, Université de Lyon (France). The inaugural symposium was held in 1974 and since then there has been an annual meeting in the month of September, the sponsoring Institutions acting as hosts on alternate occasions. After 44 successful events, the symposium has become an established event in the international tribology calendar. Each year the symposium provides an opportunity to tribologists and those working in related fields to discuss and assimilate recent advances of tribology and to exchange views and ideas on a broader basis. The symposium will provide an excellent opportunity to look at tribology embedded in smart engineering systems and reflect on the future of some exciting tribology developments.
The 4th International Conference on BioTribology (ICoBT 2018) will be held in Montreal, 26- 29 September 2018.
Biotribology plays an important role in many aspects of our everyday life, from the functioning of articular joints and the comfort of contact lenses to the behaviour of cells and the development of skin injury, such as blisters and bedsores. It is a multidisciplinary field which combines biology, materials, chemistry, surface physics, mechanics and medicine. The aim of the ICoBT meetings therefore is to bring together researchers from across the scientific, clinical and engineering spectrum, to promote communication across the different disciplines and to provide a platform for the presentation of new work in one meeting focused solely on Biotribology.
ICoBT 2018 builds on the successes of the previous three ICoBT meetings. Each meeting had a programme containing over 150 oral and poster presentations and was attended by over 200 delegates with a very diverse background. Sessions covered topics ranging from fundamental science to industrial and clinical applications. The fourth ICoBT will take us to the beautiful city of Montreal, where we introduce a new schedule to the conference, meaning that the meeting will start on the afternoon of Wednesday 26 September and run until midday, Saturday 29 September.
Contributions are welcomed from scientists, researchers, engineers and clinicians working in academia, industry and medicine on fields such as orthopaedic surgery, dentistry, biomechanics, biomaterials, soft matter, cosmetic chemistry, biophysics and biomimetics. The topic of research must be predominately tribology and include a biological surface as part of the interface (e.g. articular cartilage, skin) or have a direct impact on biological function (e.g. prosthetic joints, dental implants). Oral and poster presenters will also be invited to submit a full paper to a Special Issue of the journal Biotribology and participate in the ‘ICoBT 2018 Best Paper Award’ competition.
- Medical and industrial applications of biotribology
- Biomimetics: bio-inspired tribology; materials; complex fluids;
- Biotribology testing and modelling: developing test methods; correlation with perception and customer experience; numerical methods
- Prosthetic implants: materials and coatings; implant corrosion; synovial joint tribology; explant analysis;
- Articular cartilage: mechanical and biochemical induced damage; modelling; lubrication mechanisms
- Soft contacts: contact lenses; stents; bio-probes; cells and tissue interaction
- Skin and personal care: creams and cosmetics; shaving products; hair conditioners; wounds and wound healing, haptics, tactile perception, toothpaste
- Oral and dental tribology: tongue-palate interaction; ’mouth-feel’; food texture; multi-phase flow, tooth and implant wear; fretting
- Biomaterials for tribology: artificial cartilage; meniscus; bio-scaffolds
- Tribology in sports: equipment design and development; preparation, deterioration and testing of sport surfaces; grip; player interaction and gait analysis
The Tribology Frontiers Conference (TFC) is where tribology researchers share their latest work and explore our science’s role in solving tomorrow’s key technical issues. Come visit one of the world’s most exciting cities and join us for four information-packed days with tribology’s top minds – you’ll leave with a better understanding of how your company’s products will fit into an ever-evolving technical future. More than 300 tribology researchers are expected to attend.
TRIBOLOGY for MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
dedicated to the 80th anniversary of IMASH RAN
19-21 November 2018,
Russia, Moscow, Bardina str., 4.
Mechanical Engineering Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Topics of the Conference
- Fundamental problems of Tribology
- Lubrication and lubricants
- Design and calculations of friction units
- Tribological materials science
- Tribodiagnostics and tribomonitoring
- Environmental problems of Tribology
- Micro and nanotribology
- 16 April 2018 – Registration form submission
- 13 August 2018 – Submission of papers
- 1 November 2018 – Presentation of Program
- 19-21 November 2018 – Conference