Tribology Conferences / Events
Please, share tribology conferences and events in TriboCalendar! You can send the information regarding the event to [email protected] Thank you!
The 4th International Conference on BioTribology (ICoBT 2018) will be held in Montreal, 26- 29 September 2018.
Biotribology plays an important role in many aspects of our everyday life, from the functioning of articular joints and the comfort of contact lenses to the behaviour of cells and the development of skin injury, such as blisters and bedsores. It is a multidisciplinary field which combines biology, materials, chemistry, surface physics, mechanics and medicine. The aim of the ICoBT meetings therefore is to bring together researchers from across the scientific, clinical and engineering spectrum, to promote communication across the different disciplines and to provide a platform for the presentation of new work in one meeting focused solely on Biotribology.
ICoBT 2018 builds on the successes of the previous three ICoBT meetings. Each meeting had a programme containing over 150 oral and poster presentations and was attended by over 200 delegates with a very diverse background. Sessions covered topics ranging from fundamental science to industrial and clinical applications. The fourth ICoBT will take us to the beautiful city of Montreal, where we introduce a new schedule to the conference, meaning that the meeting will start on the afternoon of Wednesday 26 September and run until midday, Saturday 29 September.
Contributions are welcomed from scientists, researchers, engineers and clinicians working in academia, industry and medicine on fields such as orthopaedic surgery, dentistry, biomechanics, biomaterials, soft matter, cosmetic chemistry, biophysics and biomimetics. The topic of research must be predominately tribology and include a biological surface as part of the interface (e.g. articular cartilage, skin) or have a direct impact on biological function (e.g. prosthetic joints, dental implants). Oral and poster presenters will also be invited to submit a full paper to a Special Issue of the journal Biotribology and participate in the ‘ICoBT 2018 Best Paper Award’ competition.
- Medical and industrial applications of biotribology
- Biomimetics: bio-inspired tribology; materials; complex fluids;
- Biotribology testing and modelling: developing test methods; correlation with perception and customer experience; numerical methods
- Prosthetic implants: materials and coatings; implant corrosion; synovial joint tribology; explant analysis;
- Articular cartilage: mechanical and biochemical induced damage; modelling; lubrication mechanisms
- Soft contacts: contact lenses; stents; bio-probes; cells and tissue interaction
- Skin and personal care: creams and cosmetics; shaving products; hair conditioners; wounds and wound healing, haptics, tactile perception, toothpaste
- Oral and dental tribology: tongue-palate interaction; ’mouth-feel’; food texture; multi-phase flow, tooth and implant wear; fretting
- Biomaterials for tribology: artificial cartilage; meniscus; bio-scaffolds
- Tribology in sports: equipment design and development; preparation, deterioration and testing of sport surfaces; grip; player interaction and gait analysis