About this event:
The Future of Tribology Research
STLE’s 2020 Tribology Frontiers Conference (TFC), co-sponsored by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Tribology Division, will host researchers from more than 30 countries. The world’s top tribology researchers from industry, academia and government will be gathered to present their latest work. Spend four days exploring the role tribology will play in solving tomorrow’s most critical technical, environmental and societal challenges. The TFC is your opportunity to engage in cutting-edge areas of tribology research. Join us November 8 – 11, 2020 at the Marriott Hotel at Key Tower in Cleveland, Ohio.
This year, the TFC planning committee has created 8 technical tracks: (1.) Surfaces and interfaces, (2.) Biotribology, (3.) Fluid lubrication, (4.) Lubricants, (5.) Machine elements and systems, (6.) Energy/environment/manufacturing, (7.) Tribochemistry, and (8.) Materials tribology.
- Three keynote speakers, each presenting an outlook on a topic at the forefront of tribology research
- Technical sessions featuring contributed 20 minute presentations from leading tribology researchers and institutions from around the world
- 10 or more invited or offered longer, more comprehensive “Spotlight” talks by noted Principal Investigators. Check the box provided to be considered for one of these “Spotlight talks”
- Graduate, Undergraduate and Early Career Researcher poster competition
- The return of the popular Special Symposium “Beyond the Cutting Edge”, organized by the editors of Tribology Letters
- Special “New Horizons in Tribology” Symposium sponsored by the ASME Tribology Division
- Optional Tours of Cleveland and Canton based companies.
Further information here.